The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through.
Blocked energy in our 7 Chakras can often lead to illness so it's important to understand what each Chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
Chakras, in Hindu metaphysical tradition and other belief systems, are centres of Prāṇa, life force, or vital energy. Chakras correspond to vital points in the physical body i.e. major plexuses of arteries, veins and nerves. Texts and teachings present different numbers of chakras.
Their name derives from the Sanskrit word for "wheel" or "turning". The concept of Chakra features in tantric and yogic traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism.
1. Root Chakra/Muladhara - Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
2. Sacral Chakra/Swadhishthana - Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra/Manipura - Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
4. Heart Chakra/Anahata - Our ability to love.
5. Throat Chakra/Wishuddha - Our ability to communicate.
6. Third Eye Chakra/Ajna - Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
7. Crown Chakra/Sahasrara - The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
Ernie's Yoga | all rights reserved